Domain Names & Hosting
Two things you must have are a domain name and hosting. Your domain name is your address on the computer. Think of it like the address on your mailbox. It’s your .com, .net, .org, etc. Your host can be thought of as the house in which your website resides. If you don’t put your web site somewhere, how will anyone find it?
You can buy a domain name and hosting from just about anywhere on the internet, for just about any price. If we are designing your website we prefer you purchase it from us. Why? Several reasons:
- We can watch your domain and hosting and make sure it renews on time. If you lose your domain, due to unknowing negligence, your website will not show up, even though you have to keep paying for hosting. We can prevent this from happening to you, if you purchase your domain and hosting from us!
- If you purchase your domain and hosting together, they will come due at the same time, which is easier for all of us! If you purchase them together through us, you will only have to pay for the domain the first time. When you renew your hosting, we’ll renew your domain free for as long as you stay with us.
- We know the quality/features of our hosting are the best! Our web site’s track records prove it.
- We keep our prices fair. It’s amazing to us, to see how much some people are being overcharged! Feel free to compare our prices to others. You will easily see that for the features you get with our hosting, our pricing is the same or better.
- Most hosting control panels are different. It will take us additional time to figure out a different one, thus costing you more if you are paying us hourly.
- We have no priority with an outside host. If there is a problem, we/you are at their mercy.
Our price for domains is $13, and hosting for one year is $240/year.* (This equals $20/month plans.) Following is a partial list of features you get with our hosting:
- 1,000 MB Storage
- 40 GB Transfer
- Up to 3 additional domains can point at your account
- POP3 Email accounts: Your choice of email forwarding to whatever you prefer using now, Outlook and Outlook Express, or using our Webmail. We can set up emails for additional departments, employees, etc. **See our tips about email below!
- Email autoresponder
- Email Spam filtering
- PHP My Admin
- Web Site Statistics
- Web Site Backup Software
- Web Hosting Control Panel
- Shopping Carts (including Pay Pal)
- File Manager
- FTP Manager
- Power Plug-Ins Including: Formmail Script, Guestbook, Bulletin Board, Chat, Blogger, Gallery, and more!
- …and much, much more: Please call or email if you have a specific question regarding a feature not listed!
*Hosting automatically renews each year. We will contact you approximately 1 month in advance to notify you, then bill accordingly. This is a non-refundable annual fee.
**Email tips: Don’t get caught using a free email for business purposes! (i.e. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) It makes you look shaky, as if you haven’t been in business very long or about to go out! This tells your customers your not computer savvy, and they will look for someone who is! You can have your own email: email@example.com when you have your own website. As far as branding goes, this makes them remember you because they have to type in your business name every time they email you!